Skip to content
- 1) To gauge optimism and pessimism, the researchers set up an experiment involving 22 calves.
- 2) Before they started the experiment, they trained the calves to understand which of their choices would lead to a reward.
- 3) The calves learned quickly which side of the pen held the milk reward.
- 4) The hole at one end contained milk from a bottle, while the hole at the opposite end contained only an empty bottle and delivered a puff of air in calvesl faces.
- 5) In the training, each calf entered a small pen and found a wall with five holes arranged in a horizontal line, two-and-a-half feet apart.