Since the progress of an airplane is aided or impeded depending on whether tail winds or head winds…
1. Since the progress of an airplane is aided or impeded depending on whether tail winds or head winds are encountered.
2. Instead of moving along a straight line, the jet stream flows in a wavelike fashion; the waves propagate eastward (in the Northern Hemisphere) at speeds considerably slower than the wind speed itself.
3. Jet stream, narrow, swift currents or tubes of air fond at heights ranging from 7 to 8 miles above the surface of the earth.
4. in the Northern Hemisphere the jet stream is sought by eastbound aircraft, in order to gain speed and save fuel, and avoided by westbound aircraft.
5. They are caused by great temperature differences between adjacent air masses.