Skip to content
- 1. This compound may work in several ways to improve cardiovascular health.
- 2. They pointed to the “Asian paradox”, lower rate of heart diseases and cancer in Asia despite high rate of smoking.
- 3. They theorized that the 1.2 litres of green tea consumed by many Asians each day, provides high levels of polyphones and other antioxidants.
- 4. Specifically, green tea may prevent the oxidation of LDL cholesterol which in turn can reduce the build-up of plaque in arteries, the researchers wrote.
- 5. In May 2006, researchers at Yale University weighed in on green tea’s health benefits with a review article that examined more than 100 studies on the subjects.