Skip to content
- 1) But it is difficult to describe music in words, and even more difficult to specify a tune.
- 2) Now music could be communicated efficiently, and succeeding generations would know something about the music of their ancestors.
- 3) Over the years many human endeavors have had the benefit of language.
- 4) It was the development of a standard musical notation in the 11th century that allowed music to be documented in a physical form.
- 5) In particular a written language can convey a lot of information about past events, places, people and things.