Skip to content
- 1) The EU has tried to solve both problems by sending its fishermen to West Africa. Since 1979 it has struck agreements with the government of Senegal, granting our fleets access to its waters.
- 2) The other is that its governments won't confront their fishing lobbies and decommission all the surplus boats.
- 3) One is that, partly as a result of its failure to manage them properly, its own fisheries can no longer meet European demand.
- 4) As a result, Senegal's marine ecosystem has started to go the same way as ours.
- 5) The European Union has two big fish problems.