Skip to content
- 1. The main problem with Volkswagen is the past.
- 2. A disastrous capital hike, an expensive foray into truck business and uncertainty about the reason for a share buyback has in recent years left investors bewildered.
- 3. Volkswagen shares trade at about nine times the 2002 estimated earnings compared to BMW's 19 and are the second cheapest in the sector.
- 4. Many investors have been disappointed and frightened away.
- 5. Despite posting healthy profits, Volkswagen shares trade at a discount to peers due to bad reputation among investors.