Skip to content
- 1. These new super-Earths have radii of 1.3, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.9 times that of Earth.
- 2. Using observations gathered by NASA’s Kepler Mission, the team found five planets orbiting a Sun-like star called Kepler-62.
- 3. In addition, one of the five was roughly Mars-sized planet, half the size of Earth.
- 4. A team of scientists has discovered two Earth-like planets in the habitable orbit of a Sun-like star.
- 5. Four of these planets are so-called super-Earths, larger than our own planet, but smaller than even the smallest ice giant planet in our Solar System.