Skip to content
- 1. Today many companies have accepted their responsibility to do no harm to the environment.
- 2. The environmental revolution has been almost three decades in the making, and it has changed forever how companies do business.
- 3. In the United States, Lake Erie was dead. In Europe, the Rhine was on fire. In Japan, people were dying of mercury poisoning.
- 4. In the 1960s and 1970s, corporations were in a state of denial regarding their impact on the environment.
- 5. Then a series of highly visible ecological problems created a groundswell of support for strict government regulation.